These went down really well as Christmas presents for teachers, and we also took some as presents when we went to stay with my brother’s family. This recipe which I picked up from one of my visits to the Panasonic Ideas Kitchen, makes loads, at least 30 small squares, and is so easy. We make them in our Panasonic Combination oven which cuts the cooking time, but I have included conventional oven timings too.
- 250 g plain chocolate
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 310 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 180 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g hazelnuts
- 75 g white chocolate chips
- 75 g milk chocolate chips
1. Put the plain chocolate and butter in a large bowl. Place on glass turntable and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 3 mins. Leave to cool slightly.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
3. Stir the sugar into the Chocolate. Add the eggs and vanilla essence.
Fold in the flour, nuts and Chocolate.
4. Pour the Chocolate mixture into the prepared cake tin. Place on tray and cook on COMBINATION: CONVECTION 180°C and SIMMER MICROWAVE for 18 mins. Or Gas 4/180 C for 25-30 minutes.
The middle should feel soft when cooked. Allow to cool in the tin. Remove the brownies from the tin and cut into squares.